Friday, February 18, 2011

Sushi... Yeah, made from scratch

This past week my flat and the flat across the hall got together and had a sushi night. Not only am I a huge fan of sushi, but we were making it from scratch and that was very exciting. One of the members who lived in the flat across the hall is a member in the UEA Japanese society. Sometime this semester they had sushi night and he learned how to make it from scratch. I am very glad that I was able to make sushi, cause I see myself in the future making sushi some nights back in the U.S. The quality of the sushi was not only great, but it only took about 5-10 minutes to make a roll with 8 pieces; talk about a deal. Check out some pictures from sushi night:

Ben, Amy, Becca, Guy, Alessio, Chyna, Gaiane, and Holly. Joe and I are out of the camera shot

Some of the ingredients used to make the sushi. 

One roll I made with salmon, egg, and cucumber. 

My late night snack edition of a California roll. Egg, cucumber, shrimp. Was just missing the avocado. Very tasty and good. It would have been a little better if I had wasabi for the soy sauce. Guess that will have to be next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment