Wednesday, February 9, 2011

London Round I

This past Monday I went to London for a few hours, as I had some business to take care of at the U.S. Embassy. Once I was done at the embassy I had about two hours to walk around the city and check out some sites. This was really my first impression of London and I liked it a lot as a city. I thought it was a modern city with a lot of culture and history filling the streets; however, everything is unreasonably expensive, in particular the cabs. Since I only had about two hours, I didn't get to see much of what I wanted, or really check any sights out for an extended period of time. Here are some pictures I took while I was there:

U.S. Embassy

Marlborough Head Pub - great English food. I got Bangers and Mash, sausages and mashed potatoes in a gravy like sauce. Probably 3-4 blocks away from the embassy.

Queen Victoria Memorial outside of Buckingham Palace

Buckingham Palace

Educational experience outside the palace

Royal Guards

Great Posture

Queen Elizabeth statue

Art to right of Queen Elizabeth

Art to left of Queen Elizabeth

Cool art below King George VI

Government building with London Eye in background

Random guard

Big Ben

Memorial for the Women of WWII

More Big Ben

1 comment: